Friday, December 23, 2011

Lasagna

Being a girl that grew up in an Italian family most people don't believe that I only just started eating lasagna. The first time I tried lasagna was at Olive Garden and no offense Olive Garden love your bread sticks, but your lasagna is not my fave. I hated the way it tasted; I don't know if it was the flavoring, the meat, the sauce, or what but I really really dislike it. So I would never eat it, until my husband begged me to make it for him (it's his favorite meal) and I caved and made it for him and while I was cooking it I just thought it smelled amazing so I thought hey lets give it a try, and I loved it!!!!!

Lasagna


6 Large Servings- 
1 pound 93/7 Ground beef
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Box No Boil Lasagna Sheets
15 Ounces of Half-Skim Ricotta
4 Cups Reduced Fat 2% Italian Cheese Blend
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
2 Eggs
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
3 Cloves of Garlic- minced
1 Small Onion- chopped
2 Jars Tomato Sauce ( I used Bertolli 5 Cheese)
Pam Cooking Spray 

Heat a pan over medium low heat and add olive oil
Add onions cook until they are beginning to become translucent 
Brown ground beef,breaking into small pieces
Throw in the garlic once most of the meat it browned; cook for about another 5 minutes.
Season with Salt and Pepper.
Drain ground beef and place to the side

Preheat oven to 350°
Mix the Ricotta, 1 cup of the shredded Cheese, Parmesan, and the eggs in a medium bowel, stir till combined, place to the side

Spray a 9x13 pan with PAM
(Be sure to spray the sides as well)
Place 1 and 1/4 cups of sauce on the bottom of the dish
Top with 5 sheets of lasagna
(4 sheets fit the pan, and I break the last sheet into small pieces to cover any gaps)
Add 1/2 of the ground beef and 1/2 of the ricotta mixture 
(spread it out to cover all of the sheets)
Top with 1 and 1/4 cups of sauce and 1 cup of shredded cheese
Place 5 more sheets of lasagna
(4 sheets fit the pan, and I break the last sheet into small pieces to cover any gaps)
Add the second 1/2 of ground beef and ricotta mixture
(spread it out to cover all of the sheets)
Top with 1 and 1/4 cups sauce and 1 cup of shredded cheese
Place 5 more sheets of lasagna
Top with 1 and 1/4 cups of sauce and 1 cup of shredded cheese

Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes
Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes
Remove from oven let cool for 5 minutes and serve

-The Messy Chef

1 comment:

  1. This looks great . I need to try for sure http://inthekitchenandonthecouch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete